13 April 1923
Elizabeth Strachan ms Black died at Kilmarnock, age 79. She was the wife of my gg uncle Henry Strachan. Her parents were born in Ireland. In common with many a Strachan couple, Henry and Elizabeth has at least 9 children, which is why there are so many people on my family tree.
I’m no longer updating this blog so all the content is now quite a few years old. This means I also cannot reply to comments any more.
- Julia Plumptre nee Hunter on Famous ancestor: William Alexander – radical, newspaper editor and novelist
- nvisima on 27 January
- Jessica Lipman on Morgan page, the joy of FreeCen and fascinating 1841 demographics
- Kay Louise Lewis on On 25 July
- Pete on Hello again at long last
- Aberdeenshire Adam Adams Alexander Ballantyne Books Booth Bruce Cambuslang Coal mining computer software Cox Crookedholm Cruden Bay Doing research Dreghorn Farm Servants Findlay Firth Fisher Fraser Gordon Highlanders Green Grist Haddow Haggarty Haggerty Haigh hattersley Hatton Hay Hudson Hunter Hurlford Hutcheon Keith Kilwinning Kirkstall Logan Longside Maps Marriage Marshall McCrae McInerney McWilliam Michael Migration Miners' Row Morgan Mosside Croft Murphy Neilson Nether Kinmundy Old Parish Register Orr Oxley Perceton Row Reid Rock Royston Sangster Savile Scotland Senior Simpson social history Stevenston Strachan USA Watt Weir Wilson Worsbrough Yorkshire
- Farm servant life in north-east Aberdeenshire
- Why your Scottish ancestor might not be in the parish registers
- Description of Hurlford, Ayrshire in 1875
- Shewalton Colliery, Ayrshire, in the 1840s
- Crookedholm: Cowans Row and the Wellington Pit
- How the British census was done – and the mistakes that come with it
- My Ancestors
- Strachan ancestors overview
- Strachan in Ayrshire prior to 1771
- The story of Thomas Strachan b. 1749 and Susannah Alexander b. 1752 , and their children
- The story of John Strachan b.1774 and (1) Agnes Neilson b. 1777 (2) Jean Wallace and their children
- The story of Robert Strachan b. about 1808 and (1) Margaret Haggerty b. 1808 and (2) Susan Cran or Kirkwood born about 1819
- The story of Joseph Strachan b. abt. 1833 and Jeannie Haddow b. abt. 1834, and their children.
- The story of Henry Strachan b. 1873 and Helen McCrae b. 1875 and their children
- Map and Chart of Strachan ancestors from Ayrshire
- Golden Wedding of Janet Strachan born 1839
- McCrae & Henderson
- Cran & Kirkwood
- Murphy & Wilson
- Hello again at long last
- Murphy & Wilson page added
- Cran & Kirkwood page added
- What happened in the States yesterday?
- Marshall page now added
- Great Grandfather found in trade union records
- Waterloo 200th Anniversary
- Valuation Roll search leads to a puzzle
- I’m back again!
- I’m behind with replies – again.
- Up to date replying to messages
- Off to Scotland again
- Blog site statistics
- Interesting ancestor – Alexander Marshall, evangelist
- A coal miner’s will in 1896
- Updated McInerney details
- A busy time of year
- Doesn’t time fly?
- A month later …
- 365 days of “one this day” completed